Alexa is considered one of the most common and popular digital assistants, which is used by millions of people all around the world. It is a user-friendly application that enables you to access and control the functions and features available on your devices simply by a voice command. It is an advanced feature in Artificial Intelligence that helps you do your day-to-day work without much effort. The only thing you have to do is connect your devices properly with Alexa.
LG TVs have become one of the most demanding types of TVs available in the world. It is a smart television of the new generation, providing plenty of modern features and opportunities for an uninterrupted experience. Its compatibility with other applications and plugins has increased its usability and user experience.
Table of Contents
Is My LG TV Compatible With Alexa?
If you have ever wondered whether your IG Tv is compatible with Alexa, the simple answer is Yes! Most of the LG smart TVs are compatible with Alexa. You can check whether your LG Magic remote has a button named Alexa. You can command Alexa and access various features on your LG smart TV by just pressing the Alexa button.
Here is a simple guide to configure your LG smart TV with Alexa.
How to Setup Alexa on LG Smart TV
Before having the Alexa experience on the LG smart tv, you have to do some basic setups and configure Alexa on it. Now let’s look at how to set up Alexa on LG smart TV.
- First, you must turn on your LG TV and connect it to a strong WIFI network. This is essential for experiencing the features of Alexa without any interruption.
- Then go to the home screen and check whether there is an Alexa app on the list of installed apps on the home screen.
- As the next step, click and select the Alexa app and then select the “Get Started” option visible on the screen.
- Once you click the “Get Started” button, you will receive a QR code and an activation code on your TV.
- You can scan the QR code from your mobile or visit the Alexa activation website (amazon.com/us/code) and enter the activation code consisting of six digits in the space provided.
- Then you can sign into the Amazon account.
- As the final step of setup, you need to click on the Allow button on your mobile to connect Alexa to your LG Smart TV. Once you have done everything correctly, it will display a message on your screen as “Connected”.
How to Use Alexa on LG TV Via LG ThinQ App
If your TV runs on webOS 5.0, you should set up and configure the LG ThinQ application on your mobile before setting up Alexa on your LG smart TV. There is no need to set up LG ThinkQ app if your TV is running on webOS 4.0, 4.5 and 6.0.
To set up the LG ThinkQ app, you have to install the app as the first step. It is available on both Android PlayStore and the Apple AppStore. After the installation, you have to sign in using your account credentials.
You must ensure that your mobile and the TV are connected to the same wifi network. After signing in, you can see a plus icon on the app’s home screen. Click on it, and it will direct you to a page where you can see some options such as Scan QR, Search Nearby and Select Manually.
To connect the LG ThinkQ app with your LG TV, select the option “Manually” and then select the option “TV”. Then the app will scan for your LG Smart TV, and once it shows the scanned results for nearby devices, you can click on the name of your LG TV from the results.
After that, an eight-digit code will be displayed on the TV, and you have to enter it in the space provided on your LG ThinQ app. Then click the Link option and “Go home” button as the last step of pairing your TV with the LG ThinQ app.
How to Connect Amazon Alexa App to LG Smart TV
You must follow some basic steps to connect the Amazon Alexa app to your LG smart TV.
- First, you have to install the Amazon Alexa app on your smartphone. It can be installed either from Play Store or App Store.
- Then you need to sign into the application using your Amazon account. Once you log in, you can see an option called “devices” at the bottom of the home screen.
- Click on it and then click on the plus icon. A popup menu will be displayed there, and you need to choose the “Add a device” option from there.
- There will be a list, and you can scroll it and select the TV option. Then click on the option LG and select the Next button.
- After that, you have to click the “Enable to use” button and sign in with your LG account. There, it will ask you to click an agree button to continue the procedure.
- Then you can click the “close” button and close the tab. Then, after you tap on the “Discover Devices” option, Alexa will search for your LG TV.
- Then you will receive a message that your TV has been successfully connected via LG ThinkQ Skill.
- Now you have to select the “All devices” option from the home screen of the Alexa app.
- After that, you can choose the name of your TV from the list displayed there and start controlling your LG smart TV with Alexa on your mobile phone or with Alexa Speaker.
If you’re having trouble operating your LG TV using Alexa, there are a few troubleshooting steps you can take to fix the problem. First, ensure that your LG TV model is compatible with Alexa integration.
Then, enable the “LG ThinQ” skill in the Alexa app and link your LG account to it. Then, ask Alexa to find devices to find your LG TV. Make sure your TV is connected to the Internet and that both the TV and the Alexa device are on the same Wi-Fi network.
If the problem persists, try updating your TV’s firmware, restarting both devices, or resetting the LG ThinQ skill. If none of these steps work, consider contacting LG Customer Support or Amazon Alexa Support for further assistance.
Enjoy Voice Control
Now that you have successfully set up Alexa on your LG Smart TV, it’s time to take advantage of voice control. Try out the following voice commands:
- “Alexa, turn on the TV.”
- “Alexa, switch to HDMI 2.”
- “Alexa, mute the volume.”
- “Alexa, open Netflix.”
- “Alexa, play ‘Stranger Things’ on the TV.”
Feel free to explore additional voice commands supported by LG Smart TVs and Alexa to fully customize your TV-watching experience.
How to Enable Skill on LG Smart TV
You must follow some steps to enable Skill on your LG smart TV. First, open the Alexa app and choose Skills from the menu bar. Then it will display the LG ThinkQ on your screen. You must select LG ThinQ- Basic or LG ThinQ- Complete.
After enabling one of those options, you will be asked to sign in using your LG account. After that, you have to go back to the Basic and choose the “Add devices” option under the devices tab. Then you can command Alexa to discover devices. Once the device is discovered, you can use voice commands to control your LG smart TV.
Why Won’t Alexa Connect to My LG TV?
There can be several reasons behind the issue of Alexa not connecting with your LG smart TV.
It is important to ensure that your mobile device with Alexa and your LG smart TV are connected to the same wifi connection. If not, Alexa won’t be connected to your LG TV. If there is no connection issue, then ensure you have correctly set up and activated the device with Alexa using the provided codes.
Also, check whether you have used the same LG account on both
devices. If not, log in again using the same LG account and recheck the process. The unclearness of your commands also can cause connection issues in LG tv. So, make sure that your commands are clear to Alexa. If not, you can check the batteries on your LG Magic remote and replace them if they are dead. These things will help you to fix the connection between Alexa and your LG TV.