In this guide, we are going to talk about How To Connect Sonos To Smart TV
Sonos is the ultimate wireless surround, sound speaker, elevating home theater to new heights. Sonos audio devices connect to a TV wirelessly through Bluetooth using the Sonos App. Alternatively, you may use an aptX BT transmitter that serves as an audio receiver. Your TV configuration will determine whether you need to utilize the App or the transmitter.
Sonos speakers are cutting-edge items that use a wireless connection to increase music quality at home. These speakers do away with the need for a tangle of links in your living room.
What To Know
- There is no direct connection between a Sonos One and your television. Most smart TVs and dongles, such as the Chromecast, do not work with Sonos.
- You may connect your Sonos One to a TV through a Sonos soundbar and set up everything using the Sonos App.
- You’ll need speakers from related Sonos product lines, such as the One and One SL, to set up surround sound.
Connect the Sonos Speaker to the TV via Bluetooth
If you want to use Bluetooth to link your Sonos speaker to your TV, make sure that both speakers and TV are Bluetooth compatible. While this may seem self-evident to some, even the most seasoned audiophiles may make this mistake.
However, if you forget that one of the two components is not Bluetooth-enabled, you may be upset when you learn that you have to find another solution to your problem.
You’ll need to utilize your TV’s streaming service and connect to the Sonos speaker as a Bluetooth device to connect the speaker to the TV through Bluetooth. For example, if you use Hulu, you may go to the Settings section and choose this speaker while the Sonos Bluetooth-enabled speakers are powered on and ready to connect.
The TV and Sonos speakers will then link wirelessly using the Bluetooth connection provided by the streaming provider and the speaker.
However, remember that not all speakers are Bluetooth compatible since the Sonos speaker system was designed to link your home’s surround sound speaker system through Wi-Fi.
If you acquire a Sonos Bluetooth-enabled speaker, this choice becomes much more straightforward. With the touch of a button on your speakers, you’ll be able to turn on Bluetooth and then pair the device with your TV. Keep in mind that you’ll need high-quality speakers if you want to watch movies or TV programs on your TV.
Because of the Wi-Fi connection that they depend on, confident speakers, like some Sonos models, function best with TV music streaming but are not designed for movie viewing. So, read evaluations of different speakers to figure out which ones are better for movies and which ones are better for music.
Connect the Sonos Using Sonos App
To be clear, you can’t connect a Sonos One to a TV by yourself. The Sonos One must be linked wirelessly to a Sonos soundbar, physically connected to your television.
- Because your TV or a Sonos soundbar doesn’t power the Sonos One, you’ll need to ensure an AC outlet nearby.
- Follow the App’s directions to set up your Sonos One and TV soundbar. You’ll need to create a distinct “room for each component.” Check to see whether they’re all on the same Wi-Fi network.
- Set up your Sonos One about where you want it. Use an equal amount of units on the left and right if you’re utilizing multiple units. Each team must be in the same room as the soundbar and have a clear line of sight to it.
- Go to Settings > System > Products in the Sonos app. Then hit Set Up Surrounds in the room you’ve picked for your soundbar. The program will take control of the system and set it up for you, prompting you if any changes are required.
Using Bluetooth Receiver Like APTX BT
APTX BT, a third-party Bluetooth receiver device, is another alternative for wirelessly connecting your Sonos speaker to your TV. This Bluetooth receiver gadget is readily available for purchase on the internet. Just enter the phrases’ APTX BT Bluetooth receiver.’
To make this configuration work, make sure you have a Bluetooth-enabled Sonos speaker, such as the Sonos Play:1. Even if you don’t utilize streaming services like Hulu, it will be easy to connect TV to Sonos if you have both devices.
This tool turns your TV into a Bluetooth-enabled device. The actions to take are as follows:
- To begin, use Bluetooth to connect your Sonos speakers to this Bluetooth receiver. Make sure the speakers are also linked to the internet through Wi-Fi.
- To do so, turn on Bluetooth on both your Sonos speaker and the transmitter.
- Using an AUX cable, connect the transmitter to the television.
- If your TV doesn’t have an audio input/output, you may use the headphone port to connect it.
- You have to wait for the three devices (transmitter, speaker, and TV) to sync up. Make sure the speakers are also linked to Wi-Fi at this point.
When you no longer wish to utilize the speakers with the TV, the configuration is simple to undo. Take the TV’s transmitter out of the equation, and your Sonos speakers are ready to go.
Connecting Your Samsung TV To Your Sonos Sound System Through Bluetooth
Aside from Wi-Fi and wires like an HDMI connector or an AUX cable, you can also use Bluetooth to connect your Sonos speakers to your Samsung TV. If your Sonos speakers and your Samsung television set are Bluetooth-enabled, you can make this connection.
You’ll need to utilize a streaming service like Netflix, Amazon, or Hulu to connect your Sonos speaker to your TV through Bluetooth. Look for your Sonos speakers in the settings area of any of your streaming platforms. Ensure that your Sonos speakers are switched on and in Bluetooth pairing mode.
Once you’ve chosen your speaker, it will connect wirelessly to your television and begin playing the audio from your TV. Because not all Sonos speakers are Bluetooth-enabled, it’s essential to verify the speaker’s characteristics before attempting to connect them to your television over Bluetooth.
What is the best way to set up your Sonos Surround Sound Speaker System?
First, you must download the Sonos App to set up your surround sound speaker system. Then, using this App, you’ll couple each Sonos speaker by following the step-by-step instructions shown in the App. Begin by connecting one speaker, then continue to the rest of your system’s speakers.
The Sonos App and the ability to link this system will seem like a dream. This will seem like magic, especially if you’ve ever had to set up a complete home theater surround sound system before Wi-Fi-connected speakers were available.
But don’t worry if this isn’t your strong suit; you can always search up the methods for your particular speaker online or in the user manual. After then, it’s time to listen to the sounds of a lifetime.
You may also use your TV remote to control your Sonos speakers. This is possible if you have installed a Sonos home theater system. While connected to the TV, you can operate your Sonos speakers using the Samsung One TV remote, Apple TV remote, or LG Magic TV remote.