Google Home is simply a smart speaker as well as a popular voice assistant. It can make your daily tasks quick and easy. When it comes to Sony TV, they are now compatible with Google Home. So here, users can control their Sony TV using voice commands through Google Assistant.
So, it provides a seamless smart home experience for Sony TV owners. By connecting your Sony TV to Google Home, you can get a chance and use voice commands to handle the TV. So, you will get a chance to easily navigate your entertainment options without the need for remote control.
In addition, it is good to mention that the entertainment capabilities of Google Home are not much advanced as Amazon Echo. So, here is a chance to elevate your home entertainment experience with Google Home through your Sony TV.
Table of Contents
Is Sony Tv Compatible with Google Home
The first question that comes to mind is, ‘Is Sony TV compatible with Google Home?’ The answer is yes! Most Smart Sony TV models are compatible with Google Home.
The only requirement is that the TV has a built-in Chromecast or supports Chromecast. This integration allows you to control your TV with voice commands via Google Home devices such as Google Home Mini, Google Home Max, or Google Nest.
Connect Google Home via Chromecast device
This is the most common way to connect Google Home to your Sony TV. So, here are the steps to connect Google Home to your Sony via Chromecast.
- First of all, you need to connect your Chromecast device to power. Then you can connect it to your Sony smart TV. First connect Chromecast with Sony Smart TV.
- Now, open the Google Home app on your smartphone or tablet.
- Tap the “Add” button or the “+” icon to set up a new device. Select “Set up device” and then “Set up new devices in your home”. (Place the Chromecast and your phone on the same Wifi network.)
- The app will search for available devices. When your Chromecast is detected, tap on it to start the setup process.
- Now follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup process for your Chromecast.
- Finally, you can connect Chromecast to your Google Home. So, you can open the Google Home app and select the device as Sony Smart TV at this stage to connect. Here, you should also pay attention to all other instructions given by the system.
Connect Google Home with Sony Smart TV that has Chromecast Built-In
Most of the modern Sony Smart TVs now have Google Chromecast Built-in facilities. So in this method, it is not needed to buy the Google Chromecast device and plug it into your TV when using the Chromecast Built-in method to connect Google Home with your Sony TV.
- First of all, you should enable Chromecast’s Built-in service. Even though this is already enabled most of the time, Chromecast Built-in can be sometimes disabled too. So, here is the way to process it.
· Take your IR remote control and press the Home button. Here, your smartphone too can be used instead of the IR TV remote via an app.
· Go to Settings and select App under the TV category.
· Next select System app and then Chromecast Built-in.
· Finally, select the Enable option. (This may vary by model.)
- Now, it is time to link Google Home with your home’s smart Sony TV. So here, you must download the app and then continue the process according to the steps given below.
· First, open the Google Home app and go to More Settings inside the app.
· Then, go to the TVs and Speakers section and select the Sony Smart TV with
Chromecast Built-in after tapping the + icon. Here, you must follow the instructions that are provided additionally too. (Follow the previous step here as well.)
Finally, when the linking is completed, select the Done button. Moreover, you can name your devices according to your personal preferences using nicknames or any other names. This will be easy to find your device easily when so many devices are connected to a single Google Home. So here, you will have the option to use Rooms and assign specific locations to your devices.
Sony TV Not Working with Google Home
Sometimes, your Sony TV will not work properly with Google Home due to some reasons. So, here are some tips to fix those issues.
Check Wi-Fi Connection
First, you should connect Google Home and your Sony TV to the same Wi-Fi network. The reason is connecting to different networks can cause issues in their communication.
Restart Sony smart TV and Google Home
Sometimes, restarting a device helps to fix some bugs inside. So, if the Wi-Fi connection issues are fixed, restart both the Sony TV and Google Home devices. So, it will refresh the connection between the devices and solve the problem.
Factory Reset Google Home
If the previous steps mentioned do not solve the issues of your Google Home, it is good to consider performing a factory reset on your Google Home. This can help eliminate any software glitches or any other issues that cause the connectivity problem.
Android TV and Google Home
Using Android TV to connect with Google Home has also some related issues. Android TVs usually face so many connection issues. This happens even when the internet is in a proper state. Here, you should add your TV to your Google Home app and handle it via the app. If it is unable to find Android TV in the app, you should seek it on the app Information page. Then you can check it in the Storage and Cache to select your TV.
Importance of connecting Google Home with Sony TV
Connecting your Sony TV with Google Home has several benefits. First, it helps you control your TV with voice commands. You can turn your TV on and off, change channels, play or pause movies, and more with simple voice commands. This hand-free control feature comes in handy when your hands are busy or you just don’t feel like getting off the couch.
Second, connecting your Sony TV to Google Home enables you to stream content from your Google Home devices. You can use voice commands to tell your Google Home to play a YouTube video or movie from Netflix, and it will start playing on your Sony TV. Additionally, you can use voice commands to change the volume, which will be different on your Sony TV.
Finally, connecting your Sony TV with Google Home devices can give you a smart home experience. You can turn on your lights, adjust your thermostat, and play music on your Google Home devices, all while controlling your TV with voice commands.
Can you use Google Home without the wifi?
Google Home’s main features work through an internet connection. But you can also operate Google Home as a Bluetooth speaker without Wifi.
So, Sony Tv is now compatible with Google Home to give users wonderful experiences. Here, you may be having a great opportunity to ease your work via voice commands through Google Assistant. Make sure to connect the devices under the proper instructions. If any issue is detected, check the Wi-Fi connection, or try restarting the devices and pay attention to other mentioned tips. Enjoy the convenience of voice-controlled Sony TV operations and feel the experience of digital workflow.